At Vector, safety is paramount. That means keeping people safe around our networks, in their homes, outdoors and on the water. It includes everyone from our people, our customers and our suppliers to everyone that lives in our community.
We have a number of safety programmes designed to protect everyone from children to DIYers and boaties, to people working around our networks.
Click on the link below that is of interest to you. Here you will find important safety information and advice.
Keeping our people safe
For everyone at Vector, safety is more than just a priority, it is a core value.
Safety is an integral part of every function of our organisation. No financial goal, work task or schedule demand is allowed to override the requirement for safety.
This applies to everyone who works for or contracts to Vector, including subcontractors.
To achieve high standards of safety we have a comprehensive safety policy which includes:
- A group health and safety management system
- Training - competency levels are set for everyone working on our networks
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safety days which encompass all aspects of our operations and include our contractors
- Contractual requirements - to ensure our safety standards and the industry rules are enforced at all times
- Safe work practice guides
It takes time, resources and determination to maintain these high safety standards, but is well worth the investment if it ensures everyone stay safe.