Residential and business Customers in Bands 4,5,6 remain on supply and we appreciate the continuing frugal use of gas by these customers
- The main welding of the pipe has been completed
- First stage of weld testing has been completed
- After a 24 hour cool off period, further testing of the repair welds are required for certification
- The international independent external certifier Lloyds has provided final sign off for work to date, subject to following the process outlined (above.)
Restoration of Supply
- The team are now focused on tasks associated with ensuring safe restoration of supply in a methodical and measured manner
- Gas supply to re-pressurise the pipeline has been allocated
- Subject to certification, we are on track to begin resumption of supply later on Sunday
- We remind customers that are without gas supply, primarily large industrial and electricity generators, that they are not to use gas until they are advised by their retailer
- The CCO continues to monitor the situation in order to ensure system integrity.
We will be holding a media conference today (Saturday) at noon at Vector, 101 Carlton Gore Road.